I’m having issues with Latency outside of my internet connection
Our plug-in can deliver lossless audio up to 32bit PCM with 0.1 sec latency. However, we of course can’t control variables on your end. There are a number of things outside of bandwidth that can affect your latency:
- Hardware buffer size on both ends (transmitter and receiver)
- Server latency. It is very minimal, yet it takes times to repackage the transmitted packets
- Travel time from one server to another
- Time loss on the network switches
- Time loss on the network cards
It is also important to understand that latency is a non-deterministic parameter, meaning that exact timings may vary.
Latency is also related to the DAW itself and the way the DAW schedules plug-in processing, which is random. A DAW reschedules and processes channels at different times.
Audio file format: Even though PCM requires a higher bandwidth, it may actually result in lower latency due there being less conversion factor.
Consider reading 'What affects Listento streaming quality?' article for more information and troubleshooting.