Getting Started with OMNIBUS
Learn how to install and start using OMNIBUS
Installing OMNIBUS & Authorising your Subscription
Before we dig into the UI, let’s start with the real basics: Installing the software and authorising your subscription to the product.
– Login to your Audiomovers account and visit the OMNIBUS webpage. You’ll have the option between purchasing the software for a one-off payment of $49.99 ($29.99 if you already have an active LISTENTO Standard Annual Subscription, or free if you have a Standard Plus Annual Subscription) or downloading the demo, which is active for seven days.
– If you click ‘Get the demo’ then the demo will be added to your account and you can download if from My Account or the Downloads page.
– If you are purchasing OMNIBUS, follow the on-screen instructions. You will be prompted to enter your payment details.
– Once the checkout process is completed, you will then be re-directed to the My Products page on your account. Click ‘Download Latest Version’ to begin downloading OMNIBUS.
Next, you’ll need to authorise your license with your Audiomovers account.
– The first time you attempt to run the software, you will automatically be prompted to authorise your license. Each license can be authorised on up to 5 machines. However, trial licenses are limited to one machine only.
– Follow the on-screen instructions to authorise your license. When completed, a pop-up will appear on screen confirming that your license is authorised.
Understanding the User Interface
You can rename any channel name by double clicking it with the left mouse button or hide any device by clicking the icon below its name.
Begin routing audio
Let’s start diving into the basics of routing audio with OMNIBUS —
– To begin routing audio, select a square on the routing matrix to connect your desired inputs and outputs.
– When a connection is made, a green arrow will appear, which will look something like this:
To remove the route, select the same square again and the link will be broken. You can clear all connections by selecting ‘clear routing configuration’ from the top-bar menu.
‘Snapshots’ allow you to save and name up to 8 distinct, specific routing (and volume fader position) configurations —
– An orange snapshot indicates the current snapshot being used.
– A purple snapshot indicates a slot which contains a saved snapshot.
– A grey snapshot indicates an empty snapshot slot.
Saving and Loading Snapshots
Your grey snapshots are where you’re going to want to save the routing and volume positions you use most frequently.
– Click ‘save snapshot’ on the top left of the software.
– All snapshots that are available for saving will flash.
– Select the specific snapshot slot to save your snapshot.
The shortcut for loading any saved snapshot is CMD + the number of the snapshot slot. For example, CMD + 1 will load snapshot 1.
If you have any further questions about OMNIBUS, you can see our guide to using OMNIBUS together with LISTENTO, or get in touch with us using the Customer Support widget.